Wednesday 4 October 2017

Camino Day No. 14

Camino Day No. 14 - Wednesday

Hontanas to Boadilla del Camino

Today Kms: 26
Todate Kms: 350
To Go Kms: 515

Walkers: Barry, Marj

Leaving Hontanas we took a Route Check:
& Sally


Getting there !

There was one Big Hill: up to Alto de Mostelares.
The views back to Castrojeriz are spectacular:


Barry  & Marj (on her last Camino stroll) were in fine form heading from Itera la Vegas to Boadilla:



Out on the Camino it is easy to feel you are In The Bubble.

But we do have access to the Real World.
Every morning I download The Times app ... & look at the Obituaries!

Today the lead obituary was Tom Petty.

Aged 10 he shook Elvis's hand.
His best friend in the music industry was Stevie Nicks from Fleetwood Mac.
He was a Travelling Wilbury with Beatle George, Dylan & The Big O.

Like all great Rockers, Tom kept on performing. He played the Hollywood Bowl last week.
"Why would I quit? The Band is playing better than ever "

And the one Tom Petty song for the Desert Island?

It just has to be: I won't back down

"You can stand me at the Gates of Hell;
And I won't back down"

On the day that Steve Coogan (aka Alan Partridge) won his case in the High Court for phone hacking against Mirror Newspapers, I remembered that I too have stood outside those Gates;
And I didn't back down.

With 515 kilometres to go ... No sign of any backing down  !!


#BuenCamino, Pilgrim Piper

PS

#JustRelaxing




No comments:

Post a Comment