Saturday 21 October 2017

Rest Day No. 5 : Joining up the ⚪⚫🔴🔵



Hola !

My 5th & final Rest Day is being spent in Melide:


Actually it is a half-day for this afternoon I'll be walking 17 kilometres to meet Dianne & Nicole + friends at Arzua.

From there it is barely 35 kilometres to Santiago & then 4 days walking to Finisterre.

It has been a Sensational Week 5 on the Camino.
Stunning countryside:


Testing walks & weather, including the never-to-forgotten O Cebreiro day: a 2,000+ feet climb in heavy rain with no visibility.

And of course the wide-ranging discussions: from Lyndon Baines Johnson ( the 36th POTUS & my favourite of the 20th century) to the economics of deer farming in New Zealand (who'd have ever guessed that Korean aphrodisiacs were the Answer!)

I can sense the end of the Camino; feelings of Relief & Sadness.

It is approaching the time to begin to make sense of it all ...

If you haven't had the chance, you might like to view:
YouTube Steve Jobs Stanford

It is a brilliant speech.

Jobs explains why Death is so crucial to Life:



Why Failure is important too.

He tells of being adopted, of why he went to college & the benefits of dropping out.

Like Billy Joel, do what you love:


And the importance of Joining Up the Dots:



The Camino has given me a chance to Join Up a few of my own ...
And a huge thanks to a Pilgrim who grew up in Billings, Montana, who walked with me to Portamarin... & who also saw the Jigsaw on the hills behind the town!

And as for:


Caproaldehyde by Damien Hirst

Well, about 5 years ago I was invited to a Hirst exhibition.
A lady standing next to me asked what I made of Caproaldehyde?
Wanting to be polite, I said I found it thought provoking!

She said she was going to paint 🔵⚫🔴 on a wall in her conservatory!

I often wonder if she ever did...


No more Rest Days for me ...

What was it Tom Petty said:





Buen Camino, Pilgrim Piper


No comments:

Post a Comment